The methodology involved in bidding for an Indian tender is procedural and requires farsightedness. If you are a global business owner, geographical boundaries and multicultural environment may not be a hindrance, infact it can be a pathway to experience business expansion. The current business scenario boasts of entrepreneurs and business owners, who believe in innovative and out of the box business strategies, bidding for Indian tenders is a gateway to exploring new trade avenues in the subcontinent. Once you are aware of the Indian tender bidding process, it would be a resourceful medium to enter your market end. Though, there might not be a formula for winning a tender bid but if certain important points are kept in mind, there can be a greater possibility of acquiring it.
Initially, information about Indian tenders was only available in leading Newspapers and trade journals but today the technological onset makes it within our reach instantly. We have varied online portals and websites, which provide detailed information on Indian tenders being placed by companies from diverse industries. The comprehensive information rendered in these online portals and websites are filtered in a way that as per your product or industry specification, information can be sought. This saves time as you can contact clients who are interested in your product or services specifically.
Even though generating information on Indian tenders has become easy, the process of bidding has become immensely competitive. There are millions of business enterprises that would be accessing the same information and multiple bidding will be the nature of the process. Keeping this in view, you have to ensure that maximum research is done from your end on the tender, so that there are more chances of closing it successfully. As a bidder, you need to ensure that below mentioned points are kept in mind while making a bid for an Indian tender:
- The bid should be sent on your company letterhead encompassing your company profile and details.
- It would be advisable to mention you’re past working record and your experience in a project of the same nature if any. This would act as a catalyst in building the client’s confidence in your capabilities.
- A valid testimonial from your existing clients will be a value addition.
- Pricing strategy will be an important area, so try to make a quote, which assimilates the entire working cost. Take every area of the project into count and then reach a decision.
- Time span of the project is vital and incase you fail to deliver the product or services on time, it might damage your reputation and you might face the consequence as per the tender contract.