Of late, Orissa has been going big way for industrialization and the state government has concluded a huge number of M.O.Us or memorandum of understanding with various corporate houses inland and overseas for setting up of industries in the state. Divergent requirements of these industrial houses are fulfilled by requisitioning required item by floating tenders and prospective entrepreneurs have substantial chances of making a fortune by responding to and winning such tenders.
Public, Private and Corporate Sector
Past and present scenarios so far as Orissa tenders are concerned are as follows.
- In the past for a considerable period of times, most of the tenders originated in the public sector only since industrialization was at the minimal levels and the economy were purely agrarian in nature.
- Today the number of tenders floated by corporate houses is more than those floated in the public sector. One of the reasons was the financial crisis that the government of Orissa experienced till there was some revival.
- With rapid growth of industrialization, the economic scenario has changed considerably and today the corporate sector and even the other private sectors are floating numerous tenders and the volume of transactions are much greater in their levels in comparison to the public sector undertakings.
Some of the major sources of Orissa tenders are as follows.
- Construction industry is the topmost provider of tender procurement. For instance, roads, railways, buildings, official structures are being constructed with rapidity and against all odds. Materials, machineries, and even the labors are obtained for the purpose on contractual basis.
- Close on the hills of the construction industry is the real estate industry. In fact there has been a considerable expansion of the construction industry these days and it has resulted in tenders floated for acquisition of land, procurement of materials and labor, and building construction works.
- Despite industrialization, the state has not lost its overall agrarian character and hence agriculture and related industries like fertilizers, pesticides, equipments for agricultural operations, and such others occupy a very important position so far as tender is concerned.
- Moreover, according the prevailing law of the state, no transaction that involves substantial amount can be concluded without resorting to the tender process and only trifle transactions can be carried out without tender.
- Mushroom growth of educational and vocational trade institutions is also resulting in floating of numerous tenders on daily basis.