In a developing economy like India, the importance of scientific equipments have grown up considerably due to their extensive uses in various industrial, manufacturing, experimental, and research related fields. Numerous scientific equipment tenders are floated by public and private enterprises round the year. A budding entrepreneur in the field of manufacturing or supplying can benefit by winning some of the tenders by bidding on them.
Sources of Information
Since it is important learning about the existence of currently live tenders, the prospective bidder can try any or all of the following avenues for gathering information about existing and open scientific instrument tenders in the market.
- Notice boards of different organization floating such types of tenders from time to time.
- Yellow pages where one can find information about the organizations using these equipments and floating tenders every now and then.
- Print and electronic media where such advertisements are published indicating the existence of tenders.
- Internet where either the website of the prospective buyer or general website that provides all information about such tenders on regular basis and updates their information pages continuously.
Scopes for Entrepreneurs
While there are numerous types of scientific equipment tenders, the scope of a businessman with required expertise but without much experience would be in the fields of supply of general equipments. On the other hand an experienced and established equipment supplier would be in better position to supply the specialized scientific equipments like waveform generators or integrated super computers.
Understanding the Requirements
Unlike many other tenders, the scientific equipment tenders are usually very specific. Requirements of the buyer is such that they cannot opt for specifications other than those described in the tender advertisement. Prospective bidder must carefully go through the entire advertisement to understand specifically what the buyer desires to have. Once this is done, the bidder should careful verify the prospects with reference to the expertise, capabilities, financial position and experience of his or her enterprise and find out how far practicable the bidding on the tender would be for such enterprise.
Major Sectors of Scientific Equipment Tenders
Some of the sectors in the market that are the largest sources of scientific equipment tenders are as follows.
- X-Ray plants and healthcare organizations in public and private sector requiring equipments like the digital imaging system.
- Equipments required in testing centers for STEM and EELS analysis and other experimentations.
- Scientific Laboratories requiring highly advanced equipments for research on nuclear, thermal, and hydro based energy generation.
- Law and order implementing agencies requiring equipments for their forensic laboratories as well as for carrying out safety operations.
- Defense services requiring huge amount of scientific equipments for conducting tests and building up weapons.
- Aviation and transport industry requiring huge amount of scientific equipments for running their operations.
- Educational institutions; especially engineering, medical, and technical institutions requiring huge amount of scientific instruments for education and training.
Numerous other sources are there and there is no dearth of scientific equipment tenders in the market today opening up new avenues of business for entrepreneurs.