Multiple sources are there where road repair tenders originate. Some of the major sources are –
- National Highways authority that have over 65,000 kilometers of black topped roads constructed;
- State Roads and Buildings authorities that have thousands of kilometers of the following types of roads to maintain and float regularly the road repair tenders
Major district roads;
Other district roads; and
- Rural Works Department that manages all the roads that are constructed in rural areas under the Prime Minister’s Gramya Rojgar Yojna, and various other rural communication development programs.
- District Rural Development Agencies and Integrated Tribal Development Project that constructs rural roads at times.
- Water Resources Department that constructs roads by the side of canals and other water reservoir sites.
- Forest Authorities constructing roads inside forest terrains and for forest villages.
- Panchayat Samittees and Panachyats constructing some roads for communication facilities in the rural sectors.
- Industries and other organizations constructing roads basically for their own uses but allowing public to pass on the roads.
All these organizations float road repair tenders quite frequently though NH, PWD, and RD Departments are the leaders in this arena.
Types of Road Repair Tenders
Among the various types of road repair tenders that are floated at regular intervals are –
- Widening of the existing road.
- Increasing the number of lanes in the road.
- Repairing the damages occurred by natural calamities.
- Upgrading the metal roads into black top roads.
- Covering missing links.
- Embankment roads on the water works.
- Rural roads that are black topped, metal constructed, concrete roads, and earth and morrum constructions.
Minor Road Repairs
While most of the road repair tenders are floated to meet the exigencies of major repairs to be carried out on the damaged roads, there are certain tenders that deal with minor road repairs alone. Seal coating and pothole repairing is a couple of such works. However, there are other minor works as well for which such tenders are floated like repairing the black top surface that has been damaged due to natural calamities or prolonged uses.
Whether it is major road repair tenders or minor road repairs, these tenders can really help the bidder earn substantial profits. Only requirement for the bidder is to adhere to the requirements as specified in the tenders floated. Also there is classification of contractors who are eligible to work on larger tenders and major works. Requisitioning company will always look at the resources in the possession of the bidder to assess their suitability for the project.