Important Components of Logistic Service Tenders
Usually the organization whether public or private, floating the logistic service tenders will look for the following components from the bidder.
- Shipping or delivery timing. For any logistic service, the timing is important. When the logistic services are obtained for timely delivery or shipment of articles, it is also necessary that the service provider adheres to the timing in the correct manner.
- Logistic services timeline will usually start prior to any shipment date or timing. Usually pre-planned schedules relating to delivery related to services are offered by the service provider to the recipient by so that the deliverables are received and accepted.
- Logistic services provided should conform to the requirements of the indenter to the core. Otherwise there will be no meaning of offering this type of services.
Third Party Logistics Services
In commercial shipments, third party logistics is one of the most widely used applications in the modern commercial world. That is why most of the logistic service tenders are floated with the objective of obtaining the third party logistic services.
Types of third party logistic services for which most of the tenders are floated includes –
- Forwarding of freights;
- Courier services;
- Shipping and transporting services.
Logistics Services Tenders and Supply Chain Management
Most of the logistic services tenders revolve round the supply chain management system for any enterprise or organizations. Effective supply chain management includes transportation, warehousing, freight forwarding, packing, inventory control and management, and cross docking. Instead of doing them on their own, most of the companies and enterprises like to outsource them and tenders are floated to select the best service provider of such logistic services.
Logistic Service Tenders in Business
Not only in supply chain management but also in the traditional business environments, logistic services have assumed a very important position today. Such services in business include various aspects like-
- Providing materials for running the business.
- Providing various services for smooth operation of different areas of business.
- Collecting information and preparation of comprehensive database.
- Registering effective capital flow in business.
Dependence on Advance Communication
Logistic services today are dependent largely on advance communications including both wireless voice communications as well as the data transfers. Logistic service provider is required to take care of these aspects while filling out their response to logistic services tender floated by an organization.
Latest growing area in the field of logistic services tenders is the E-logistics that is the result of overgrowing dependence of most commercial enterprises on information technology today.