In a world that is growing unsafe with amazing rapidity, various security measures have become very important. Whether it is government organizations, corporate houses, public premises, or commercials shops or even residential complexes, security is a major aspect for everyone. Especially checking the unknown visitors becomes an essentially with rapid growth of terrorism all around. Metal detectors perform important task of identifying any unwanted material being carried or concealed by the person and that is why numerous metal detector tenders are floating in the market today.
Requirements of Metal Detectors
These days, metal detectors are extensively used in all public places and official premises. Everyone has to pass through the metal detector test in airports, some leading railway stations, bus stands, invariably in all the shopping malls, court and public office premises, and in commercial enterprises wherever security systems have been put in place. All these have resulted in substantial demands for the device and all the big enterprises including the government always procure these items using metal detector tenders.
Major Sources of Metal Detector Tenders
- Some of the major sources of initiation of metal detector tenders are as follows.
- Defense services; air force, navy; and infantry divisions.
- Affiliated security services like the Border Security Forces, Central Reserve Protection Forces, and Railway Protection Forces.
- Police and law enforcement agencies like CBI, Vigilance, and Crime branches etc.
- Civil Administrative authorities and Judiciary.
- Corporate houses and industrial organizations.
- Shopping malls, large shops and such other places.
- There are various others those are using the metal detector and floating tenders for procurement but these are the major ones.
Types of Metal Detectors
Broadly speaking there are two types of metal detectors. One is the type that is larger in size and static and often set up at the entrance of different establishments and the visitor has to pass through it. When metal is detected in the person or possession of such person the detector will generate a stinging sound. In the same way the other type; hand held detectors work also.
Requirement for the Bidders
Bidders aspiring to bid for and win the metal detector tenders have to take care of certain factors for the purpose. First of all, they should be well conversant in the trade and have sufficient technical background to cater to all the requirements of the procurer. In addition they should be able to provide spare parts as well as repairing and maintenance services for such products. When it comes to bidding for defense services or law enforcement agency tenders, the background, legalities of the products and several other issues may come into play.
However, the quality of the products and its brand would be vital in bidding and winning metal detector tenders.