Laying of pipes is required for various purposes. While the common requirement is that of setting up water supply or sewerage systems in any place, there could be other requirements like transporting oil and gas through the pipeline installed. Another less pronounced requirement is for carrying underground cables and concealed wiring. Most of the major projects are finalized through laying pipe tenders.
Residential and Community Pipelines
- Residential pipe lines are set up usually for two purposes. One is for water supply in and around the house and the other one is sewerage system for the residence.
- Community pipelines are used for water supply in the inhabitations whether in towns or in cities and even in modern villages; for setting up general sewerage lines and for installing underground cables for electricity or telephone systems.
- A third type is laying of pipe lines for commercial or industrial purposes of transporting gas, fluid, chemicals, or oil.
Major Sources for Laying Pipe Tenders
Some of the major sources of such tenders are:
- Public authorities like the Water Supply and Sanitation Department, in other words the Public Health Department.
- Railways and port authorities where pipes are used for multiple purposes.
- Industrial houses that require pipelines for various purposes like carrying out their supply system of fuels, chemicals, and others.
Bidders desirous of bidding for the laying pipe tenders have to take into consideration the following factors.
- Relevant drawings and specifications to which they must conform.
- They should have the technical knowledge and experience to undertake such works. Especially excavations need to be water free, and they should be laid, jointed as well as embedded with sufficient backfill materials.