Enterprises of any kind have one thing in common; they require an office to run the process smoothly. Though the concept of virtual office and mobile office in laptop is catching up fast, yet it is still some times before the commercial world completely dispenses with the requirements of traditional office. Numerous tenders are floated from divergent sources for fulfillment of the requirements of the offices set up in the public and private sector.
Office Tenders Opportunities
Office tenders are floated run almost in parallel degrees in public and private sector. With rapid industrialization and relaxations in the import and export policies in the state, open trade concepts, and various incentives for commercialization, the private sector is quickly overtaking the public sector in floating office tenders.
- A few differences exist in case of public and private office tenders.
- Usually the profit margins are less in public tenders.
- Official decorum and procedural delays are more in public tenders.
- Quality is premier factor in private sector office tenders while it would be normally the price in the public sector.
- In private sector often higher priced materials, products, and services are preferred while economic austerity is the major concern in the public sector.
Major Sources of Tenders
Major sources of tenders are –
- In the public sector it is the central and state governments, public sector undertakings, and various offices like heads of departments, district level, sub divisional level, Tahasil and Block level authorities.
- Local self government agencies like Jilla Parishad, DRDAS, ITDPs, Panchayat Samittees, and corporations, municipalities, and notified area council offices, and planning authorities in the public sector.
- Defense services in the public sector.
- Railways, BSNL, Prasar Bharati, and such other state sponsored authorities.
- Universities and educational institutions including technical education institutions in both public and private sectors.
- Industrial houses and commercial organizations in the private sector. Usually it is the large and medium scale enterprises that floats office tenders.
Types of Office Tenders Floated
Office tenders can be floated for various purposes like-
- For procurement of office stores and stationeries;
- Equipments and accessories for running the office smoothly including furniture, air conditioners, and such others;
- Associated services like security services, running the elevator and lift; or running canteens.
- For hiring of building or construction and extension of such buildings.
- Hiring or purchase of vehicles and other equipments like computers, fax and Xerox machines etc.
- For procurement of contractual employees or associated services like that of chartered accountant, lawyers, and DTP operators.
Many other types of office tenders could be there and the above list is only suggestive and not exhaustive.
Sources of Information
- Major sources of information on current live tenders in the market are -
- Official website of the organization concerned online.
- Informative websites that offer tender information for viewers.
- Print and electronic media.
- Office notice board of the organization concerned.
While all others have limited scope, the second options seem the best as it will offer information on all the live tenders in the market at one time in both private and public sectors.