Largely owing to the favorable business environments and liberal economic policies implemented by central as well as state governments, Haryana receives foreign direct investments amounting to thousands of crores of rupees every year and that is the largest source for Haryana tender as well. Also Haryana is considered to be one of the most industrially advanced states in the country and investment worth around two hundred thousand crores of rupees in the industry is another major source for Haryana tender .
Expansion in Tender Facilities
Number and dimensions of Haryana tender are constantly on the growth due to the following reasons.
- Large scale domestic and foreign investments made in the state every year.
- A well-developed banking network with over 45,000 banking branches all over the states.
- Most of the 81 cities and towns in the state are financial hubs and better places for the investors.
- Investors have varied requirements and the best source for fulfilling their requirements is procurement through Haryana tender.
- Over 3% of the S&P CNX 500 conglomerates have established their corporate offices in the state and they constitute a major source for Haryana tender procurements .
Major Tendering Sources
Over four thousand billions of rupees have been invested in the state in thousands of medium and large scale industries existing currently in the state. Especially the areas like Gurgaon, Panchkula, Bahadurgahr, Faridabad, Yamunanagar, and Panipat are the largest industrial hubs in the state. The state produces 50% of the passenger cars and motorcycles, 30% of refrigerators, 25% of the tractors, bicycles, sanitary ware, paper, and sugar, as well as over 20% of the scientific instruments exported overseas. Apart from the government, these industries are major sources for Haryana tender.
Who Floats Tenders
Most of the tenders floated in the state are e-tenders and the following establishments are those that float them at periodical intervals.
- State Government of Haryana.
- Organizations of Central Government located in Haryana.
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter Pvt. Ltd.
- Maruti Udyog Limited.
- Hindustan National Gas.
- Hero Honda.
- Whirlpool India.
- Liberty Shoes.
- Bharti Telecom.
- Hindustan Machine Tools.
Over 70% of Haryana tenders are generated from these sources. Thermal power plants, hydro power plants, railway workshop, steel and brass industries, and thousands of large, medium, and small scale industries in the state, offer excellent opportunities for business through Haryana tenders for the prospective bidders.
Many opportunities for the prospective bidders are also available in the service sector of the state. Organizations such as the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), IBM, NIIT, Dell, Hewitt Associates, Boston Consulting Groups, and United Healthcare are some of the multinational companies and rapid expansion of the software industry in the state has also opened up numerous avenues of generation and responses for Haryana tender.
Prospective bidders should know that any tender above five lakh rupees would be only by e-tendering process in Haryana. Initially applied for PWD, PHD and Irrigation departments of government, almost every Haryana tender is floated online now.
It is easier responding to e-tender since bidder knows exactly what they are expected to provide and responds only to the one for which they are suited.