High GSDP in the State
While most other states have been suffering from reduction in Gross State Domestic Products or GSDP and are also affected adversely by the economic recession; Gujarat remains blissfully unaffected by all these syndromes. Instead of reducing its GSDP is rising at around 12.99% against the projected target of 11.2% during the year 2009-10 and the trend continuing in 2010-11, tenders floated in Gujarat either in public or in private sectors offer the best of opportunities for business promotion. Numerous tenders are floated from different sectors and they reflect the commercial stability in the state.
Rapid Industrialization and its Effects
Gujarat is one of the states where rapid industrialization took place after the independence of the country. Numerous industries are located all around including large, medium, and small scale industries. Cities like Ahemdabad and Surat are well known for industries and there are numerous other cities and towns in the state each offering excellent business opportunities. In true sense it is the industrial hub of the country.
Major Tendering Sources
Major sources of tenders in the state are –
- Export and import industry since there are good ports like Lothal as well as excellent waterways in rivers like Narmada, Sabarmati, and Tapi among others.
- Since the state is one of the richest in terms of mineral resources many industrial houses are setting their operative units in the state. Naturally, these units offer excellent opportunities floating tenders for different purposes at regular intervals.
- Petrochemical industries, mining sector, and textiles and handlooms are some of the largest industrial sectors offering best tender opportunities.
- Transport industries are one of the largest originators of various types of tenders.
- Agricultural products, pharmaceutical industries, and fertilizer industries are other major tendering sources.
- Last but not the least is the gems and jewelries for which the state is well known in the commercial circles.
Cities Originating Tenders
Many Gujarat tenders are originated from the highly industrialized cities like Ahmedabad, Surat, Baroda, and Rajkot and such others. Since these are some of the fastest growing industrialized cities in the country they offer numerous tender opportunities for the prospective entrepreneurs. Some of the largest refineries in the country and the largest grass root refinery in the world are located in the state. At the same time Gujarat stands at the top of the gas based thermal electricity production states in the country.
Opportunities are galore and the task cut out for the prospective bidder is to grab them appropriately.