Computer Tender Features
Computer tenders could of divergent types. Major among them are -
- Computer procurement tenders where organizations or individuals order for supply of computers of specific brands, makes, and carrying custom specifications.
- Networking tenders for computer based local or global networking system to be put in place.
- Computer hardware tenders where hardware and parts are procured by an agency or individual.
- Computer software tenders where software is procured by some agencies or individual.
- Annual maintenance contract for maintenance of computers already set up including LAN, WAN, or Intranet etc.
Major sources for computer tenders in India are –
- Major IT companies like Satyam, HCL, IBM, Infosys, and similar other numerous IT companies.
- Central and state governments and their information technology and science and technology departments.
- National Informatics Center and Computer Application Centers.
- Major schools and colleges imparting education and training in information technology like NIIT, SIS, SQL International, Manipal, other Universities and IGNOU.
- Commercial organizations and industrial houses setting up their respective networking and computer cells for creation of database and automating different operations.
- Banks, treasuries, and other financial institutions those are carrying out most of the transactions online these days.
- Other organizations including major NGOs looking for setting up their websites, networking, and computer systems.
Learning about Live Tenders
While tenders can be found in the print and electronic media, trade journals, magazines, bill boards, hoardings, and in the respective notice boards; one place that is repository of comprehensive information on all types of tenders is the internet. Some of the ways of tendering and searching for them are –
- Requesting agencies often float tender advertisements using leading search engines like the Google, Yahoo, Bing, Alfa Vista, ASK, and MSN etc.
- Bidders can find out these tenders by using any of the search engines and typing in the keywords like “live computer tenders India” or such others.
- While bidders can also find the information on live tenders by directly logging on to the government sites or the specific site of the commercial organizations; the information found would be limited in nature confined to government works or the works of the particular agency.
- Best way is to log on to some informative and educative website where all the live tenders can be found out. Since these sites update their information on regular basis, the latest information would always be available for the prospective bidder.
Some of the best opportunities are available with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited; Nationalized Banks; Reserve Bank of India, National level schools like Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas and Sainik Schools; Engineering Colleges and universities; State electronics departments, Municipalities and Corporations; and a number of other organizations.