Clearing Agent Tenders
Clearing agent tenders are usually floated with the following objectives.
- Clearing agent not only takes care of export and transport of cargo but also takes care of all paper works. Requesting agencies will always look for someone who is apt in both aspects of the work.
- Goods are packed in packages, in containers, or other wise for shipping, airlifting, or loading in trucks, cargo trains, and others.
- It is the responsibility of the clearing agent to ensure that the cargo reaches the required destination free from all encumbrances. Safe delivery free of damages is what the agent supervises.
- Clearing agent will handle all the documents relating to shipments, insurances, and dispatch like the way bill etc.
- Compliances with hazardous shipment and paper works relating to them are also carried out by the clearing agent.
- Keeping the routine of track changes, handling power of attorney, and ordering and procurement of packages are all the responsibilities of the clearing agent.
Requirements for Winning Bidder
For bidding and winning the response made to any such clearing agent tenders it is required that –
- Bidder should ensure conformity to all the points mentioned above.
- He or she must look into the specific preferences and requirements of the client requesting the bid.
- Good coordination and organizational skills are essential since it is all about coordinating things.
- Bidder should have adequate knowledge of legal issues and procedures involved.
- In addition; the bidder will also require good interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Background and goodwill in the market is essential.
Most of the tenders floated in the field of clearing agent tenders come in the fields of –
- Custom clearance of cargoes and ocean shipments.
- Excise clearance for export shipments.
- Freight forwarding to required destinations.
- Clearing of consignments for the clients.
- Imported equipments and other goods.
- Supply of pay loaders and dumpers.
Other tenders could be like supply of empty cement and gunny bags; supply of truck lead junction box; procurement of cartons, organizing testing and examining of equipments or products supplied etc.
Major task of the clearing agents is carrying forward and clearing cargoes and that is the area where most of the clearing agent tenders are floated both in the public as well as in the private sectors. However, taking into consideration the volume of business, the prospects for budding agents is much more in the private commercial arena.