First Planned City Offers Huge Business Opportunities
Since it is the first planned city in India, Chandigarh tenders offer huge scope for the architects, and those in the construction and real estate business. In addition the city is immensely rich with the highest per capita income in the country at current prices. Another high prospect area is sanitation and hygiene in the cleanest city of India.
Major Tender Sources in Chandigarh
Because it is a union territory does not men that it is behind any of the leading states of the country in providing business opportunities.
- Government is the major sources of Chandigarh tenders. Reason is that not one but three governments have their capital here. One of them is the Union Territory administration headed by the Lieutenant Governor while others are the Governments of Punjab and Haryana.
- It is a pensioner’s paradise since 40% of the residents are pensioners of the three governments. Many of them are active even after retirement in the industrial sector opening up huge opportunities in the process.
- Chandigarh has 15 medium and large scale industries and in addition there are around 2500 small scale industries and many of them float tenders that can be responded to and won by budding entrepreneurs. Opportunities thus are open for all including large, medium, and small entrepreneurs.
Major opportunities in form of Chandigarh tenders come from the following industries.
- Paper manufacturing industry tenders.
- Basic metal industry tenders.
- Alloys and machineries industry tenders.
- Food products industries tenders.
- Sanitary ware industries tenders.
- Auto parts and machine tools tenders.
- Pharmaceutical tenders.
- Electrical appliances tenders.
Business opportunities in the city are huge because of one dominant factor that it is the richest city in India. With the economy flourishing a lot of entrepreneurs are interested to set their business enterprises and investors are also flocking to the city. Thus very often aspirant bidders will come across–
- Construction tenders for setting up new enterprises.
- Renovation tenders for expansion or remodeling of existing structures.
- Office tenders for providing office stationeries, stores, appliances, accessories, and affiliated services.
- Service sector tenders like consultancy, legal advices, and technical advices.
- Other service sector tenders that includes real estate as well.
With well developed market as well as banking structure and three major trade promotion organizations functioning in the city, it offers substantial business opportunities for any entrepreneur. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry or FICCI, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry PHDCCI, and the Confederation of Indian Industry or the CII functioning there constantly work with the particular objective of promoting business and opening up avenues for new enterprises.