Use of Soda Ash
Industrial use of soda ash is for manufacturing glass of different types.
- It is used for manufacturing the old fashioned glass.
- Window panes are mostly manufactured using it in the mixture.
- Glass produced using soda ash as component is excellent in clarity, quality, and durability.
Majority of soda ash tenders including the online tenders come from the glass manufacturing and maintenance industries.
- Other uses of soda ash are in the laundries and cleaning works. It is often referred to as washing soda.
- It is also used for removal of alcohol and grease stains from clothing.
- Domestic use as well as industrial use also includes cleaning utensils and cutleries.
- Soda ash can help machines work without getting clotted with dust particles.
That is why many soda ash tenders are also generated by some large commercial houses, and hotel and lodging industries.
Sources of Soda Ash
Soda ash tenders are not only generated by the industries and those using the soda ash for different purposes but also from the manufacturers of soda ash. Usually soda ash is found –
- In ash generated by different factories and plants;
- In mineral deposits left behind from the seasonal lakes;
- Seaweed ashes are also one of the sources of sodium carbonate; and
- Soda ash is also manufactured in some quarters.
Soda Ash Tenders from Manufacturers
Since soda ash can be created using chemical process, soda ash tenders are also generated by these manufacturers for procurement of the materials for manufacturing the soda ash. Many of them are also online tenders. Items that are required and often requisitioned include –
- Calcium carbonate;
- Sodium chloride; and
Calcium carbonate is heated and combined with other two components to created soda ash. In another process, carbon die oxide and salt are also added to the solution to create high power soda ash. Naturally, many tenders come up requisitioning these component items required to manufacture soda ash.
Another major source of the soda ash tenders is the detergent industry. Since soda ash constitutes excellent component for pH regulation and maintenance of stable alkaline conditions they are widely used by the detergent industries.
Out of Track Uses
Sometimes soda ash is also used for disinfecting the municipal pools and neutralizing the acidic affects of the disinfectants used. It is even used in cooking sometimes in place of the edible soda to neutralizing the alkaline affects of some components.
One should not be surprised to find several soda ash tenders while going through a pool of online tenders.