Tasks Performed by Smart Cards
Smart cards are used in the official, commercial, and domestic circles for accomplishment of multiple tasks such as –
- Loading of data;
- Making telephone calls;
- Dial connections on mobile telephones and be charged on pay per call basis;
- Establishment of online identity of the user;
- Can be used for buying gasoline at the gasoline stores;
- Electronic cash transactions; and
- Many other such applications.
These cards are also periodically refreshed to put them to some additional uses and there is also scope for customization. Different organizations issue tender notice notice asking for customization in the cards procured.
Indispensable for Customer Care Purposes
In all spheres of human activities, official, domestic, and commercial, the smart card has become an important tool for all types of transactions. Especially in the commercial circles it has become indispensable for customer care purposes. That is why most of the commercial organizations procure huge quantity of the material floating smart card tenders.
Scope for Bidders
Bidders who would supply smart cards have huge opportunities for responding to the related tender notice floated from time to time. Reasons are –
- Use of smart cards has already touched the billion marks.
- While Europe is the major region using them; the use is growing fast in other continents.
- Asia has of late become one of the greatest users of smart cards and major source for such smart card tenders.
- Among the Asian countries again, India has been emerging as one of the major sources for smart card tenders due to huge growth of I.T industries in the country.
Major Sources for Tenders
Major sources where usually such tender notice for smart card is generated are as follows. Construction industry;
- Banking, insurance and financial services industry;
- Chemicals and fertilizer industries;
- Electric and electronic apparatus industries;
- Wires and cables industry;
- Information technology industry;
- Transport, shipping, and civil aviation industries;
- Agricultural products and food grains industries;
- Testing and scientific equipments industry;
- Shopping and general stores industry;
- Mining and meteorological industries; and
- A host of other industries.
In addition, quite substantial numbers of smart card tenders are also floated from the official authorities of central government, state governments, and union territories as well as their affiliated undertakings.
Requirements for the Bidder
Bidders must make it a point to ensure that they respond to the particular tender notice the right way fully appreciating the requirements of the buyer. They should also ensure that they have the required expertise and experience in the field and do not shrink away from providing after sales services consequent upon winning any of the smart card tenders floated in the market.