Major Sources of Airport Tenders
Major sources of airport tenders in the country are –
- Indian airlines and Air India, the official airport authorities of the country.
- Other private airways like the Indigo, King Fisher, Jet Lite, and such other private indigenous companies.
- Civil Aviation authorities of Central Government and State Governments.
- Of late many private industries are setting up their own air strips and they are also coming up with some tenders though the numbers are negligible in comparison to the main sources.
Types of Tenders Floated
Different types of tenders are floated by the airport authorities. Some of them that are common include-
- Perimeter lighting at the airports and airstrips are important for landing and take-off of the planes.
- Without proper lighting it is not possible to guide the landings and off-take correctly by the ground control in the airports. Hence, lighting or the perimeter or runways is important and many tenders are floated for the installation and maintenance works.
- Construction of Dog Kennel, city side signage, setting up of carpet in the lounge and other rooms, and fixing of G.I sheets etc. in the hangar.
- Procurement of security checks furniture and equipments.
- Construction of terminal buildings, extension, and renovation of building works and such other construction works.
- Construction of underground sump and pump houses for water supply management systems.
- Installation, testing and commissioning of feeder pillars and laying of LT cables, supply and erection of frangible glide path antenna mast.
- Navigation aids systems in airports including supply and erection of frangillbe guide path antenna etc.
Tenders on Usable Articles
Procurement of usable articles in airplanes and in airports also constitute one of the major sources for the bidders who wants to make it good by supplying them to the airports or air authorities. Most important among them are –
- Catering services in the airplane and in the airport for passengers and others.
- Packaging materials for freight air planes that are used for packaging the articles that are transported using the freight planes.
- Maintenance of electrical installations, sanitary fittings, and other installations in and around the airport premises.
- Important items like oxygen masks, parachutes, and others that are required in the planes for meeting emergencies.
- Apart from these, there could also be some other works relating to the airport premises like the construction, repair, and maintenance of pathways and car parking places etc.
Whether it is the airport tender notice relating to the airport, air plane accessories, or other peripherals, it is necessary for the prospective bidders to understand exactly the requirements of the procurer. In addition; the bidder should also appreciate that there is no scope for delivery of substandard materials or delaying the work taken up because security of many lives are involved in the process.