Use of Soda Ash
Among different types of ash it is the soda ash that offers best opportunities for the entrepreneurs. In fact there is hardly an industry where the soda ash is not use for some purpose or other. Some of the characteristics of the soda ash are –
- It is one of the most widely used components in the industrial sectors in any country.
- Sodium carbonate or Na2CO3 or soda ash is one of the key materials in the manufacturing industry.
- The component is in use in manufacturing industries for the last three thousand years. Even 3500 years ago Egyptians used this component for their manufacturing industry.
- In most of the quarters, soda ash is also called as soda.
Major Sources of Ash Tenders
Prospective bidders looking for tender search should know what the best sources are for such tenders.
- Largest source for these tenders is the Glass industry that accounts for over 30% of the tenders that are floated in the market.
- Soda ash is used for multiple types of glass productions that include mirrors, bottles, flat glasses, insulating elements, television, glass ware, and lighting bulbs. Especially, the same is used in lab ware.
- Most of the glasses that are manufactured using soda-lime silica types and for them soda ash is one of the most important elements. Tender procurements are usually made for different types of soda ash including dense types and light types.
Use in Chemical Industry
Overall, chemical industries are the largest source for tender procurement in respect of soda ash. Over 20% of the tenders are floated from chemical industries alone for procurement of soda ash. Usually soda ash is required for manufacturing chrome chemicals, sodium phosphates, photographic chemicals and sodium silicates. Other uses of soda ash in chemical industries are –
- For production of sodium bicarbonate commonly used for beverages, foods, detergents, dialysis, coatings, and many others.
- For manufacturing products used for personal care.
Types of Soda Ash Tenders
Various types of soda ash tenders are there and they are interchangeable. Soda ash and caustic soda are interchangeable and used by the soaps and detergents industry that is the third largest source for tenders and tender search can come to an end with one of these tenders for the bidders. Soda ash is also used as wash water, agglomerating aids, as well as surfactants. It adds alkalinity for any types of pH adjustments controlling the pH levels in water and softening them.
Tender information on all such tenders would be available in the print and electronic media, trade journals, official notice boards, and bulletin boards but the best and largest source obviously is the Internet where the information is not only fresh but regularly updated.