Chhattisgarh is also one of the major sources of government tenders India. A number of public sector enterprises are there in the state that is important not only for the state itself but for many other states and the country as a whole as well. Most notable among the enterprises are –
• Bhillai Steel Plan.
• Railway Zone of South Eastern and Central Railway zones/
• BALCO Aluminum Plant at Korba.
• National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) also at Korba.
• NTPC at Sipat in Bilaspur.
Other Major Sectors
Other major sectors of India government tenders and other tenders are –
• Biofuel industry since the state aims to become self-sufficient in biofuel by the year 2015.
• Agricultural industries where tenders are floated for procurement of seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, agricultural equipments and accessories, as well as for sale of agricultural products since 80% of the people are still dependent on agriculture. Paddy, wheat, maize, pulses, oilseeds, and groundnut are the major crops in the state.
• Forest is another sector that is one of the major sources of tenders floated in the state. Some of the major products that are auctioned by the Forest Corporation are wood, leaves, honey, and lac etc.
• Besides iron ore; limestone, coal, bauxite, and dolomite are found in abundance in the state. Some other major minerals are garnet, quartz, krandum, diamonds, and marble. Especially procurement and shipment of marble constitutes a major source of tenders in the state.
Apart from these; a couple of other sources from where both India Government tenders and Chhattisgarh tenders originate, are transport and communication industry and education sector. A number of educational and vocational institutions have come up in the state offering great opportunities for prospective bidders to respond to the tenders floated by them and make it good in business.