Economic Scenario and Tripura Tenders
Tripura economy is highly agriculture based and there is preponderance of food crop cultivation over the cash crops in the state with over 62% of the land covered by food crop cultivation. Usually Tripura tender opportunities originate from this sector of the economy of Tripura.
Industries for Tripura Tender Opportunities
Major industries which act as a source for Tripura tender opportunities are –
- Rubber industry; since Tripura is considered to be the Second Rubber Capital of India after Kerala.
- Fabrics and wood carving industries.
- Bamboo industries.
- Food grains, cereals, and pulses industries;
- Bamboo Products industries; and
- Timber and timber product industries.
One of the reasons that usually any Tripura tender is generated from these sources is that, the state is poor in mineral resources and its mineral deposits are meager.
New Areas for Exploration
However, a potential area which is now being explored by many industrialists is the natural gas that is found in abundances in the state. ONGC has already set up its natural gas gathering station GAIL also has marketing terminals for natural gas in various locations in the state. All these establishments also come up with some Tripura tender every now and then on different items including machineries and accessories as well as office related items.
Unique Documentation System
Prospective bidders on any Tripura tender should first become conversant with the unique processes followed in the state for documentation of tender papers. It is known as the Tender Documentation Services of Government of Tripura and the services are provided by DIT, Tripura and NIC, Tripura. The aims of the method are –
- Dissemination of information relating to each Tripura tender.
- Easy access to information relating to these tenders for all.
- Tenders continue to be owned, published as well as maintained by the concerned departments of the Government.
- Such organizations or agencies are responsible for accuracy, authenticity, and validity of each Tripura tender.
While providing such information for all concerned relating to every live Tripura tender, the DIT and NIC also issues disclaimers to the effect that they shall not be liable for any damages including incidental or consequential losses occurring due to reliance of the person concerned on the information so provided. That virtually means anyone using the information on the web relating to any Tripura tender notices does so at his or her own risk.
Usual Tripura Tender
Usually the Tripura tender would involve requisition for seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, agriculture related equipments and accessories, especially those relating to rubber cultivation or plantation of bamboo and natural gas though gradually other areas like transport and communication are also picking up.
Of late; communication industries is experiencing a boost here and most of the leading communication companies are present in the state.